Monday, April 5, 2010

Vegetarian=Trying new things

So, I made a trip to my local Whole Foods. Don't you love that store?

I do.

I couldn't find the following things at my regular grocery store:

Agave Nectar
Celery Root (now THIS is something I would see in the store and think, is that edible?)
Whole Wheat Couscous
Quinoa
Saffron

I am making some new recipes this week, and that means trying new ingredients, and not being scared to ask what the heck is this?? For example: Shoyu. Ever heard of it? Me either. It made me feel better that one of the employees didn't know what it was either. But, then the more "experienced" granola guy there did know exactly where it was.

But, basically it is a glorified, fancy soy sauce. So, I will just use my regular soy sauce, thank you. But, I will research what the difference is, because now, I'm just curious.

Can't wait to let you know how the recipes turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment